| Inside of La Sagrada Familia |
After going to Sevilla last weekend, we were determined to make this weekend all about Barcelona. The weekend started Thursday night at Le Cyrano since numerous people told us that this bar was awesome, and it really was. Large tables, cheap drinks (and you get to pour your own amount of liquor—how is this possible?!), free popcorn, and a free water bottle on your way out the door. FINALLY, we found a place where our whole crew can pregame without getting a noise complaint/almost getting evicted--too soon floor 4 boys? After we walked to Bling Bling, but I only lasted about 30 minutes before needing to go to sleep.
We woke up Friday morning ready for a productive day and
headed to La Sagrada Familia. We decided to really ball-out and got tickets for entrance, the audio tour, and a trip up to the top of the Passion Tower. I
know La Sagrada Familia is extremely touristy, but it surpassed all of my
expectations. The inside was incredible. No picture or words can justly
describe it, but Gaudi truly is a whimsical genius. I loved all of the colorful
lights that shine through the decadent stain glass windows and the giant
tree-like art on the ceiling. Advice to those who plan to go up the tower:
consider taking the elevator on the way down because you will feel
claustrophobic and dizzy if you choose to walk down the spiral staircase—lesson
learned.
After being WOWed by La Sagrada Familia, we found the happiest
burger place. Free appetizer + delicious burger + fries + cortado (aka my favorite
espresso drink) + white wine = bliss. We
were practically on cloud 9 and decided to do some well overdo shopping. I got
a warmer jacket for my trips to Prague and Dublin—CAN’T WAIT—and we exhausted
ourselves walking all around the city. After some rallying later that night we
went to L’Overlla Negra. I think I would have liked this bar a lot more if we
went earlier, because it was packed. Still, it was a great atmosphere and I had
fun sipping sangria, and I will definitely try going earlier on a different
night.
The next morning we woke up extra pumped because we were
going to Milk for brunch. MMMMMMM so good! I got eggs benedict, and it did not
disappoint. We then walked around the Born area (which we love) and decided to
ask how much tickets were for the Picasso museum. We were pleasantly surprised
to learn it was FREE for students and we decided to do an impromptu visit, and
it was excellent! I was even more thrilled because the week before I learned
some history about Picasso in my Urban Interventions class. I will definitely
be back.
| Montserrat |
We spent the rest of our day strolling around Born and had
an early night in preparation for our program trip to Montserrat in the
morning. Montserrat was great and well worth waking up at 7am. We were given a
tour of the monastery (home of the black virgin Mary) and even got to see the
choirboys signing during mass. My favorite part however was the hiking
afterwards. The mountain is huge and we had amazing views. We got to just sit
upon giant boulders and talk about how cool our lives are. I still cannot get
over how unreal these past three weeks have been and how grateful I am for this
trip of a lifetime.
| Hiking Montserrat |
Ps. next time I update my blog I’ll be 21 :0
No comments:
Post a Comment